There’s no getting around the changing weather in Columbus, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to think about annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling pro drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Columbus. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the team at Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling a call at 614-451-0846 to start saving a little more today.