Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Columbus is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling in Columbus at 614-451-0846 today.