Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Columbus summer, have the experts at Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling today at 614-451-0846.