During the colder Columbus months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling at 614-451-0846 or schedule an appointment with us online.