In Columbus you count on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit in the near future. At the very least, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s limit switch, which works furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to look for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in an expert, like Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling, if you see any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem tired? Symptoms related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating loudly or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling at 614-451-0846 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.