As spring rolls around, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Columbus? Even if your AC system is up-to-date or was operating good last year.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any service for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your unit inspected annually by a Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling tech can help spot minor problems before they lead to huge malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little troubles before they turn into large, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at components and carry out a series of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate troubles before they lead to major problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is set to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the following areas and pieces:
- Overall system order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling pros a shout at 614-451-0846 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to browse our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.