As we get further in to November and the temperature begins to drop, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to turn the heat on. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 614-451-0846 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t think twice about giving Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling in Columbus a call at 614-451-0846. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.