With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling expert do air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Wolfe & Sons Heating and Cooling a call at 614-451-0846.